(Urgent) Arduino -> Vb 6.0 -> Sql + php

Hi, all
need your help..
how to connect vb 6.0 to sql and php ??

Does this have anything to do with Arduino?

Hi,, florinc
I use Arduino to detect temperature in CPU, i use sensor DS18B20..
I have finished to send data from arduino to vb 6..

now i need help,
to send data to sql + php??
do you have any idea florinc???

Thanks
Murinto

Ask this on a VB6 forum. This is not related to Arduino.

You're best bet, given that you have already read data from the Arduino into VB, would be to ask at a VB forum.

Slightly off-topic, why are so many people still using VB6? Is it because it was the last native code version, or is there some other reason?

I imagine you want to provide the temperature data you collected (with Arduino) when there is an http request.
This is how I would do it: get VB to write the data to database (sql), then write the php page to retrieve data from the database (sql).

I don't think you will get anyone around here to write the php/sql code for you though. There must be plenty of samples out there.

To dxw00d and pylon : Thanks brother,,, do you know the address of the site forum...

To florinc :Thats right bro,, can you help me to finished this project??

can you help me to finished this project

I googled it for you:

I googled it for you:
PHP SQL Example
webdatabasebook.com

Thankss very much florinc... :slight_smile:
I will learn php and sql programming...
:slight_smile:

I will learn php and sql programming...

So, you're VB application is going to create a PHP script to write to a MySQL database, and execute that, instead of executing the instructions to write directly to a SqlServer database?

Well, good luck with that.

Don't get me wrong. I like PHP and MySQL. But, unless you are using PHP to communicate with the serial port (and that does not work on Windows), then using PHP to communicate with the database is just an unnecessary complexity. If you are even considering using VB6, then clearly you are on Windows, and PHP is not the right tool (for accessing the serial port/data).

Don't get me wrong. I like PHP and MySQL. But, unless you are using PHP to communicate with the serial port (and that does not work on Windows), then using PHP to communicate with the database is just an unnecessary complexity. If you are even considering using VB6, then clearly you are on Windows, and PHP is not the right tool (for accessing the serial port/data).

I use Wamp Server (phpmyadmin) ..
First I transfer data from Arduino to visual Basic 6.
Then immediately write the data to the database server.
continued from the database that displays the results of the temperature sensor to the website ..

If that's principally, if I could?

Thanks...

First I transfer data from Arduino to visual Basic 6.
Then immediately write the data to the database server.

Which database? MySQL or SQLServer? I don't know if MySQL provides a way for VB applications to write to the database. I know that SQLServer does.

PHP is not involved in the data acquisition process at all, if I understand you correctly.

PHP is involved in the data display process, but that is a completely separate issue. Making PHP get data from a SQLServer instance might be an interesting challenge.

I don't know if MySQL provides a way for VB applications to write to the database

Through ODBC (on Windows) you can get access to any database/datasource you like for which ODBC drivers are provided, including MySQL.

Making PHP get data from a SQLServer instance might be an interesting challenge.

Through ODBC (on Windows) you can get access to any database/datasource you like for which ODBC drivers are provided, including MySQL.

ODBC ??
I do not know about it. can you explain about it???

ODBC - Open DataBase Connectivity - Open Database Connectivity - Wikipedia

Basically it's an abstraction layer that sits between an application and a database engine (Oracle RDBMS, MS SQL Server, mySQL, MS Access, and many others). It means the application doesn't need to know the specifics of the DB engine. Theoretically, if the application only issued ANSI SQL statements, then ODBC would allow any ANSI SQL DB engine to be targeted, without changes to the application.

Which database? MySQL or SQLServer? I don't know if MySQL provides a way for VB applications to write to the database. I know that SQLServer does.

PHP is not involved in the data acquisition process at all, if I understand you correctly.

PHP is involved in the data display process, but that is a completely separate issue. Making PHP get data from a SQLServer instance might be an interesting challenge.

I use wamp server application (phpmyadmin)..
Database i create from it..
And php is localhost in wamp server.

ODBC - Open DataBase Connectivity - Open Database Connectivity - Wikipedia

Can you teach me about to connect VB6 to database with use ODBC??

thanks all,,,

Murinto92:
Can you teach me about to connect VB6 to database with use ODBC??

Are you planning to make even the tiniest attempt to solve this problem for yourself before you beg the people here to tell you the answer? Your question has nothing whatever to do with Arduino, and ten seconds with Google will give you a hundred sites explaining how to use ODBC and VB6.

Google will give you a hundred sites explaining how to use ODBC and VB6.

He..he...
Thanks...

Thanks

:slight_smile: