should "transgender" be a gender ?

Delta_G:
You have to take personal responsibility for your own feelings. How is this any different from the guy who is bothered by you being gay and just can't ignore it? It's not. Someone is expressing something that you don't like, and rather than leave it alone you insist that the other person change what they're doing. Everyone wants to have the world their own way and force everyone else to accommodate it. The obvious choice here, if the conversation bothers you, is to just not open this thread anymore. Then you won't have to see it. @anime2 started the thread. If anyone should be in control of the conversation it should be him. But you can't stand that his view differs from yours so he should just shut up. Just like the hard core right-wing christian conservative can't stand you being gay, and rather than look away and just not pay it any mind, he feels like you should change to suit his view of the world. It's wrong both ways. Live and let live. And if you don't like what you see, don't look. If you don't like some man putting his thing in another man's butt, then stay the hell out of his bedroom and you won't ever have to see it. If you don't like someone thinking gays are the devil, then don't get into conversations with those people. It's really really simple to live your life your own way. But you'll never make others change to suit you.

It reminds me of a story of the Buddha. I may not remember it exactly right, but the jist of it was that he and one of his disciples were walking down a very rocky road and the rocks were cutting into their feet and it was painful. The disciple (Ananda I think it was) suggested that they cover the road with leather so that the rocks wouldn't hurt their feet. The Buddha said that would be nice, but impractical and impossible to do and could adversely affect those who needed traction on the road. Instead, he suggested that they cover just their own feet with leather. That way they only deal with their own personal issue with their own personal self and don't bother everyone else with what is essentially a personal issue. Take care of yourself. Take care of others. But you can't bend the whole world to suit your own will. You don't want it to be that way, because there's always someone out there with more power and influence than you who doesn't agree.

To be honest, it shouldn't make you feel bad if @anime2 says something like that. You should feel sorry for him, not yourself. But you can't shut someone up just because you don't like what they say. You wouldn't like that happening the other direction. If he were to tell you to just leave because he doesn't want to hear any pro-gay propaganda. If you want consideration, you must start by being considerate. You can't wait for the other side to go first, you'll be waiting forever. You can't force the other side to go first, that's how wars happen. All you can do is be the example. All you can do is make yourself OK. The rest of the world is always going to suck. It always has and it always will. That's the meaning of life, understanding that the whole world sucks and you don't have to let it bother you. That's the path to Nirvana.

if someone else would say that to me i wouldn't care . but Travis here seems like a nice guy , and i talked to him on the forum before so he is like a friend to me . that's why i stopped when he asked me to .