TFT Calibration

Hi Everyone!
I have a question that has probably been asked a million times, but can't find an exact answer scolling through the thread topics.

I have a 3.2 TFT LCD, and after reading through a bunch of these threads I was able to correct my issues that eveyone seemed to be having with this particular screen.
UTFT and ITDB02_touch libraries are loaded, all example sketches compile, and they all work to some degree.

I am having an issue with the ITDB02 examples.

1st) The calibration example sketch. It runs and I am touching the screen in the cross hairs, but I don't think I am gretting accurate results. At the end of the test it gives me a series of numbers, and directs me to change the ITDB02_Touch.cpp to the values given. However, when I did that the touch features did not work at all. This did not suprise me as when I was doing the calibration I didn't think the cross-hairs were popping up in the correct locations.

2nd) In the Button Test it seems to be upsidedown? While it seems really close in the X axis the Y axis seems to be reversed. Meaning when I touch the lower part of the screen the button on the top of the screen is activated, when I touch the top of the screen it touches the lower buttons, and center is off but closer obviously because they're all in the center.

I've been using the hunt and peck method of trying to correct this in the.cpp, but I'm having no luck.

I am hoping someone would be kind enough to push me in the right direction.

Thanks! - Steve

Hello and welcome :),

1. Is the instruction text oriented landscape or portrait? I had similar problem when I first ran the calibration sketch, text was displayed landscape and some lines were bugged, I chnged the orientation to portrait and that fixed it.

2. Probably the same problem as 1)

So...in the calibration sketch, in void setup(), modify:

myGLCD.InitLCD();
//to
myGLCD.InitLCD(PORTRAIT);

Awesome Thanks!

I'll give it a try. I actually did read that somewhere, but did'nt really understand what was being stated.

Trying it now.

Thank you so much!

Saved me some of my hair :blush:

Working perfectly. Well....the quick draw example is pretty weak, but works in PORTRAIT. At least it's working so I can move on.

Do you know if the UTFT library is the only option for fonts at this time? I don't know if I'm liking the 1984 "War Games" look.

Thanks Again!

No problem :slight_smile:

You can download some other fonts here: Electronics - Henning Karlsen You can also create your own fonts, but I have never tried. Have fun :slight_smile: