SHARP IR Capacitor

Hi there,

I have a two SHARP IR sensors and I need to install "a by-pass capacitor of 10μF or more between Vcc and GND near this product." (SHARP MANUAL)

I don't get how to do this.

I have the capacitor(s) but I just don't know where to put them.

I have two IR sensors. Do I need 1 capacitor or 2?

Can you please tell me where to put the capacitors on the attached diagram. Thanks.

I have the capacitor(s) but I just don't know where to put them

Between the + and - of the sensor, as close to the sensor as you can get.

However the data sheet also suggests a seriese 100R resistor does it not between the + input and the sensor?

A "Bypass Capacitor" is ussually 100nF.
A "Filter Capacitor" could be "10uF".
In any case, regardless of the value, a Bypass Capcitor is ALWAYS as CLOSE AS PHYSICALLY possible to the device you are trying to protect ( in this case the Sharp sensors) so the "+'" lead of the cap goes to Vcc (the cap should be as close to the sensor as you can get it) and the "-" (negative) lead of the cap goes to ground. I don't know any simpler way to explain that so I hope you understand what I just said.
It sounds like the cap is part of a LPF
(Low Pass Filter) if they are asking you to connect a SERIES 100 ohm resistor between the "+" Input and the cap. What is it you don't understand ?
Where is the link the datasheet for the sensor ?
How do you expect us to answer your question without the DATASHEET ?
To answer your question :
You need ONE CAPACITOR FOR EVERY SENSOR . If you have FIVE SENSORS YOU NEED FIVE CAPACITORS.
WHY ?
BECAUSE, AS ALREADY STATED, the CAP NEEDS TO BE AS CLOSE TO THE SENSOR AS POSSIBLE and unless BOTH sensors are in the SAME place, you need a separate cap for EACH sensor. If both sensors are in the same place you could get away with one cap clise to both sensors. I think you should think about what Mike said about the resistor.