audiocubes by percussa, smart cubes for creating sounds, music and visuals

Hi,

I'm the designer of audiocubes, smart cubes for creating sounds, music and visuals. I thought I'd stop by and say hello!
If you don't know what audiocubes are check out http://land.percussa.com/audiocubes-developers/

I'd love to connect with developers here and look forward to collaborating on devices and interfaces that connect with the audiocubes sensor and communication platform.

Thanks,
B

Can you explain to us how to interface an audiocube with an Arduino?
What interface to use,
What the protocols look like,
How much power do they use,

sure: at the moment you can do this by connecting audiocubes to a laptop and then send OSC or MIDI from the laptop to the arduino.

Another way is to use the flext Max/MSP or PD external for audiocubes - you can hook up your arduino to max/msp as well as the cubes to max/msp and then just pass data around between the two.

Finally you could also create a USB host using arduino (?) and connect the cubes that way. If anyone wants to do that we're happy to help with the protocol details necessary.

Power wise: the cubes have an internal rechargeable battery which is happy to charge from 100 to 500mA from a USB port.

Hey, I've just built a musical arduino sphere. I wonder if we could dock a few cubes onto it like a mother-ship?

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873232700/dub-cadet-next-level-musical-fun-for-everyone

Your audiocubes could add in MIDI based effects, loops, and filter envelopes; I don't know the sky is the limit. There is so much creativity going on around here :slight_smile:

i checked out your site and it seems we have a common goal. "Enable social interaction, music, sound and visual creation and play"
That's what the Dub Cadet is all about!

peace,
-Noah