(not a ) switch case question (anymore...)

djjoshuad:

Neight:
it hangs on 20 for two pushes, then goes to 40, 60, 80, 10, 12, 20, 20, 40, 60.... on like that.
after the first time though, it starts displaying the modes in tens, instead of single and double digits.

This one I know :slight_smile:

What's happening is you're overwriting the two digit number with a one digit number... with nothing to write in the second digit, the LCD continues to display what was already there. Try using sprintf to format your number. That should get rid of the unwanted 0

HA! you were right :smiley:
I should have seen that, it wasn't the first time I ran into that problem, but last time it was much more obvious, I had a whole word that never left the screen.
I took the easy way out for a fix though, I just added a couple of spaces next to the result so it turns off the couple of spaces after every number.

Not sure why that started all of a sudden, but it's fixed now, and I probably just accidentally deleted something when I was rearranging the code...

Thank you so much for pointing out my error!

Now to start having fun with the display, make it a little more showy :slight_smile: