Checking on which pins to use for SoftwareSerial library

Hi Arduino experts,

I would like to know which are the pins I can use for SoftwareSerial library. I am using Atmega328. Can I use digital pins 10 and 11? Both pins support PCINT interrupt. Am I right to assume that as long as the pins support PCINT, they can be used for SoftwareSerial library? SoftwareSerial uses interrupt.

Thank you.

lightaiyee:
Hi Arduino experts,

I would like to know which are the pins I can use for SoftwareSerial library. I am using Atmega328. Can I use digital pins 10 and 11? Both pins support PCINT interrupt. Am I right to assume that as long as the pins support PCINT, they can be used for SoftwareSerial library? SoftwareSerial uses interrupt.

Thank you.

lightaiyee:
Hi Arduino experts,

Thank you.

I recommend using 8 and 9. It will be easier to switch to AltSoftSerial later on if you have trouble.

afremont:

lightaiyee:
Hi Arduino experts,

Thank you.

I recommend using 8 and 9. It will be easier to switch to AltSoftSerial later on if you have trouble.

Thanks a lot. You probably have saved me a lot of trouble.