Why the Sparkfun Si4735 radio shield is all wrong

Hello, I recently made radio breakout board based on si4737. It's I2C, 3.3v and 5v compatible (jumper select), it got i2c level shifter, buffer, and automatic stuck bus repair, also decoupling capacitors, power filtration and other things.
I have modified 2 arduino si4737 libraries to work with it but had not much luck, so I wrote code myself to get make it power up and set radio frequency to station but I am experiencing exactly the same issue: radio won't tune to station. I am 101% sure that circuit is perfectly functional, I even tried with Due and Mega.
When radio powers up I hear small pop in speakers, status request responded with 0x80 (clear to send), when I try to tune to specific station or seek up it just won't do it. Doesn't matter if I use library or my own code. I got 40 radio boards and all of them behave the same, sure that I am missing something in the code but can't figure out what. I am not really good at programming but I programmed I2C devices that didn't have library for Arduino before and never had a problem that I can't solve. :~

Please help solve this issue I will supply, schematic and all necessary information that you need.
Some info to start:

• Board doesn't have optional crystal oscillator because it's doesn't give any advantage, and occupies digital out pin.
  • SEN pin is routed to pin header to select one of two I2C addresses.
  • Short FM antenna trace is onboard (optionally can solder wire to it)

First person that solves problem will get my radio breakout mailed to you for free.