Is it this kit is good for a first robot??

Hello, I just want to ask is Pololu 42x19mm Wheel and Encoder Set , Pololu 5" Robot Chassis RRC04A Solid Red and 50:1 Micro Metal Gear motor are good to Began in robotic????

I don't know about the encoder because I don't need them, but these two just come with it .

Any way is this good for robot build??

Pololu has a lot of nice stuff for beginning robotics, and those parts look fine. You don't really
need encoders at the start, but can always wire them up after things are off and running.
I've built 15 or more robots and never even used wheel encoders, as I like to control the robot
mainly from sensor input [sonars, Sharp IR rangers, photoresistors, bumpers, etc].

However, if you're just getting started, and can afford it, I might recommend the 3pi robot
instead. This will get you off and running really quickly, ie, you'll learn a lot more a whole lot
faster. Appears to be Arduino compatible too.

Robotics involves knowledge in many more areas than most Arduino projects - ie, different types of
sensors, mechanical fab, motor control, general programming, plus robotics-specific programming - and
if you're not already knoweldgeable in a lot of these areas, you'll learn faster with something like the 3pi.

I just noticed in the Products section, the guy mentioned the following robot. It might be a better
choice than the 3pi, since it is directly Arduino-compatible, without any muckaround. You buy a
separate regular Arduino board, and plug it right into the robot.

Most people's first robot is either a line-follower or mini-sumo.

oric_dan(333):
Pololu has a lot of nice stuff for beginning robotics, and those parts look fine. You don't really
need encoders at the start, but can always wire them up after things are off and running.
I've built 15 or more robots and never even used wheel encoders, as I like to control the robot
mainly from sensor input [sonars, Sharp IR rangers, photoresistors, bumpers, etc].

However, if you're just getting started, and can afford it, I might recommend the 3pi robot
instead. This will get you off and running really quickly, ie, you'll learn a lot more a whole lot
faster. Appears to be Arduino compatible too.

Pololu 3pi Robot

Robotics involves knowledge in many more areas than most Arduino projects - ie, different types of
sensors, mechanical fab, motor control, general programming, plus robotics-specific programming - and
if you're not already knoweldgeable in a lot of these areas, you'll learn faster with something like the 3pi.

Nice
suggestion, but I can't get this in my country and I can't also buy it from internet so I can only buy the wheels, motors and Chassis.
thanks very much for your time XD