Toner Transfer - My First Shield

Alright, well this was my first attempt at a double sided board and it's not perfect but the tollerances were close enough not to matter, this was just an exercise, firstly i make the hole sizes 0.3mm so the drills centralise better.
after printing and cutting out the circuit on the photo paper i used a 0.6mm drill on arduino reset and digi pin 0 rx on both upper and lower circuit printouts, this gave me two alignment holes, then i layed one printout on the copper board and drilled again with 0.6mm through the two holes i made in the paper, this gave me the allighnmet holes in the board, next i used two short pieces of 0.6mm solid core wire, put them in the holes in the board and slotted the paper transfer onto the two wires and used the clothes iron to just briefly tack down that side, then turning the board over i slotted the other transfer onto that side and tacked it down before removing the wires and going through the transfer process properly.
In theory the should have been aligned but i was sloppy with my drilling and didn't get the hole exactly vertical, it meant that one side is maybe .25 - .5mm miss aligned but it's enough and the board works, finally i drill all holes out with 0.8mm.

I think next time i will add some alignment hole off the pcb, but as i said this was a learning curve as i've only made single sided boards before.
The mess around the pad is from a flux pen which i didn't think worked that well, that was a first time for me too, normally i would clean the pads up with a fibre glass pencil and that seems to work better