GLCD library version 3 (end of life - no longer supported)

Telek:
Hey Bill - isn't the map() function essentially doing the same except with longs? Seems like overhead not really needed here. However I agree with your comment on the 8-bit problem - using uint16_t is probably better.

Correct. The only reason I brought up map() is that for a more generic function that would be be
part of the library map() might be more appropriate since people may be using larger than 8 bit values.
For example if you were mapping an analog input to a bar graph an 8 bit value is not large enough.
8 bits is probably not large enough to map a temperature either particularly if you multiple the value by 10 to
get an integer value that includes 1 decimal point.

Since you're responding :slight_smile: Out of curiosity does GLCD work with KS0713 chips? I've seen some people say that they're compatible with KS0108 and others say no. I also saw another post of yours mentioning about starting a port but I don't know if that was ever finished.

Thanks!

ok, ok, on the responding. There was an absence.
But I have a good excuse. :slight_smile: I was away from home for a month. With no electricity or running water, in
the highlands of Papua New Guinea.

No movement on the ks0713 support. Michael and I basically froze the support for the v3 release to maintain the
stability. What we need to do is call it "done" and go ahead and kick it out the door.
Then, determine what to pull in for the next release.

--- bill