Setting up Arduino Uno WiFi

I have just received my Arduino Uno WiFi and want to start by setting up the WiFi connection to my router.

I have powered up the Arduino, waited several minutes, however it never shows up on my WiFi network list, so i cannot connect to it to configure it (using http://192.168.240.1). Is the WiFi part of this board defective?

Thanks!

you have Rev. 2. it doesn't have a Web Panel or configuration AP. (yet)

Thanks! I am new to Arduino. Can I setup this configuration directly through the program?

tcole6:
Thanks! I am new to Arduino. Can I setup this configuration directly through the program?

everybody is new to new Uno WiFi. use WiFiNINA library

Thanks for the assistance. I was able to finally get it connected to WiFi and calling some web services.

I've got a lot to learn about these... All my demo programs have an arduino_secrets.h include, but my sketches won't compile with it in there...I have to take it out to work. Tried searching LibraryManager, unless I am searching for the wrong thing I can't find it.

In the secrets TAB you simply insert you SSID and password.
IIRC they can also be used in an alternate fashion such as setting up an AP to use them as logon credentials.

The secrets tab allows you to share your sketch with others but without divulging your wireless credentials.
Not all examples should have that as some simply dont use them.

If you need to modify the sketch to take out the secrets you should delete the secrets tab and then modify the call in your main sketch.

Change "SECRET_SSID" to "SSID"
Change "SECRET_PASS" to "PASS"

Doing it that way will also slightly reduce memory size too.

tcole6:
Thanks for the assistance. I was able to finally get it connected to WiFi and calling some web services.

I've got a lot to learn about these... All my demo programs have an arduino_secrets.h include, but my sketches won't compile with it in there...I have to take it out to work. Tried searching LibraryManager, unless I am searching for the wrong thing I can't find it.

I have Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 and have the same problem you had. Could you tell how you managed to connect the board to WiFi? Thank you for your help.

Juraj:
everybody is new to new Uno WiFi. use WiFiNINA library

I am using WiFiNINA libraries, I can successfully scan the networks, but cannot connect to network using ConnectwithWPA. Do you know what can be the problem?

Hi Rogieh,

did you try the example sketch (File-Examples-WIFININA-Connectwithwpa)?

Please note that you (only) have to add your wifi networkname and password in the 'arduino_secrets.h' tab.

#define SECRET_SSID "your network ssid"
#define SECRET_PASS "your password"

Also..this example is for a dhcp server.. if your router is in static mode, this won't work...

Greetz Scoobie