arduino simulators under LINUX

Does anyone know of a arduino simulator / emulator that runs on linux?

I've tried: emulino but I can't get it to run any adruino V1.0 .hex files. I'm using Fedora 15. I compiled emulino from the
latest source )

I would like to take a ardunio sketch, compile it, and test it on a local emulator to see how / if it runs before I download
to my arduino mega 2560 board and see it crash and burn. ;( I am doing some c array / pointer things that work
from using gcc nativly on linux, but when I put them into my sketch and compile / download to my board... they don't
work.. or it runs throuh a loop partially and stops working...

I'd like to be able to do some more sketch debugging on the linux box rather than try and figure out what is happening
on the board itself.

Does anyone know of anything CURRENT that runs on linux?

Thanks - jack

I am doing some c array / pointer things that work
from using gcc nativly on linux, but when I put them into my sketch and compile / download to my board... they don't
work.. or it runs throuh a loop partially and stops working...

I'm not aware of any emulator that properly models the actual behavior of the Arduino when it runs out of memory/writes beyond the bounds of an array, on any operating system.

Perhaps what you need is a code review. 4 eyes (or 4 dozen eyes) are better than 2, sometimes.

Here is a good Arduino simulator http://arduino.com.au/Simulator-for-Arduino.html and at the end of the page are some links to other Arduino Simulators.

This Simulator only runs on Windows, and is only around 50% finished. It handles arrays (one-dimensional at this stage) but not pointers yet. With the arrays, the Simulator defines each element of the array, so if the array is being accessed after the end, this should (theoretically) bring up an error message.