Go Down

Topic: motor connection (Read 267 times) previous topic - next topic

tjs

i am a beginner. i am making an obstacle avoiding robot using arduino uno along with motor shield. i have already connected two driving motors. i want to connect a third one such that it turns on when the robot is moving straight ahead and should turn off when the robot makes a turn. but with my current code vice versa is happening. what should be done? (the motor shield can connect upto 4 motors)

Cactusface

Hi,
     I see you seem to be using one of those L298 driver boards that need their own library! I only tried it once and I put it in the bin!! (Strange labeling, strange code).  L298/293 are not very good drivers as you lose power in the output transistors. Go get yourself a tiny DRV 8833 module, much better and you have full control of the motors, etc using you own code.

See my bots here: www.melsaunders.co.uk under electronics of course, We can help, but lets see your schematic or wire drawing, etc. What power are you using??

The code to use the U/S sensor is simple you don't need a library?  I can't see your third motor in your code or have I missed it? What does it do?

Put your code between code brackets, as top left </> is easier to read and take less space.

Hope it helps, regards.

Mel.
Open your mind! But not too far, your brains might fall out.
Also like Photography, model building and my 300+ Cacti and Succs.

sdturner

No idea without knowing the motor shield. It looks like you are sending a hard coded number in each of the functions. The numbers being sent must be wrong, but without a datasheet or other documentation it is impossible to tell.

Go Up