stand alone

they are your average basic led signs if you will.. some have text, some have a pic, some are animated pics.. some with text and pic (animated/non-animated)

k..

umm.. small butterfly or something small to start off with.. animated.. like the wings are moving - (so ofcourse there will be color changes or just on/off).. i don't know exactly how many leds.. thinking 50... 4-5 colors, in a picture frame kinda thing.. run by batteries (some projects will run by power cord to the wall) - no arduino or usb support in the end..

possibly be able to recode the chip for another image display instead of a butterfly if she wanted something else showing (i just need to be able to control each led individually if i wanted to and especially if i planned on using RGB leds).. again, i can solder, so i don't mind building - i just need to know the exact parts and how many (ie:pwm chips, reisitors.. whatever else needed)...

i'll be less of a pain once i get the chips and such figured out.. and do a couple of those lil projects.. lol