LabView with Linux?

Hello all! I am currently trying to figure out how to get LabView to run on my linux machine (Linux Mint 15 32-bit / Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit). The reference pages at National Instruments seem to suggest that LabView will work on linux however I cannot come across an actual download or link for the trial software for linux.

After having subscribed for a Student Trial (6 months) evaluation and going through the hoops and jumps, when it comes time to actually download a file all I am greeted with is a download for Windows. I still have a copy of WinXP lying around and I suppose I could install it but this is really not something I want to do as my native environment is linux and this is my everyday OS.

Does anyone know of how to get to a downloads section for linux, or perhaps has used it (LabView) on linux (any distro?). Below are some relevant links to information about LabView & Linux but not an actual download. I am rather confused by this...

This is a $2,699 piece of software for linux but I really don't think this is what I am looking for?

This is a $999 software toolkit but again, not what I am thinking I need for the Trial/Student Evaluation.

As you can see by the links there appears to be a lot of information about linux & LabView but none really covering the conventional software, just huge suites and software bundles that only a business/enterprise would purchase. Any clarity on this software and how one goes about installing it on the linux OS would be greatly appreciated.

Did you have an Arduino question?

PaulS:
Did you have an Arduino question?

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with how LabView can be interfaced with the Arduino? See link below for more details and hopefully the thread will make more sense to you. Since interfacing w/ Software is the subforum and interfacing this software with Arduino is obviously the goal here, thought this was implied since posting on an Arduino Forum.

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with how LabView can be interfaced with the Arduino?

So, if you have problems with how LabView works with the Arduino, specifically with how hte Arduino behaves, will you post those questions on the LabView forum?

PaulS:

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with how LabView can be interfaced with the Arduino?

So, if you have problems with how LabView works with the Arduino, specifically with how hte Arduino behaves, will you post those questions on the LabView forum?

Yeah sure. I have also made some headway with my problem too. It appears in order to get the Linux OS based versions (Student Edition) one must call their technical support line. Unfortunately they are closed on the weekend. :frowning:

Rather than wait I have opted to try and run this software under the WINE environment. If it ends up working I'll be sure to post those results here for any future readers/posters. While searching on Arduino Forums I did not encounter hardly any information about LabVIEW and Linux so hopefully we can get some documentation down for this software and the linux OS.

which labview version are you running? try labview download student version 2013