Serial Monitor Suggestion-Could we please be allowed to change the Font SIZE?

I know this sound silly but could we please be allowed to change the Font size for the Serial Monitor? I know the Arduino IDE allows us to change it's font size for the IDE (I run the IDE around font size 12), but it seems the Serial Monitor font is stuck at 6. Maybe I missed something that lets you change it (If I have please let me know). But it's like I have to get out my 1000X glasses to read anything flashing across the Serial Monitor Window.

-Thanks
-DW

Maybe like issue 550. I filed this bug after helping someone with limited vision get started with Arduino. Sadly, he just couldn't make use of the serial monitor.

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=550

So far this issue hasn't been accepted, not to mention given a milestone.

I submitted a patch to issue 550. It makes the serial monitor font the same size as the editor font.

You can change the editor font size in the preferences dialog box.

Thanks,

That was really helpful
-Blacklab

I uploaded another patch to issue 550. This new patch makes both the serial monitor and console panel (error messages) use the editor font size selected in Preferences.

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=550

I would really like to see the serial monitor and console font size patch be incorporated into Arduino. The above patch seems like the perfect solution for someone such as myself who has a hard time seeing the monitor and console. I use a font size of 20 on the editor, and then I have to lean forward and squint at the console or monitor. Please consider including this feature or some variant which allows setting all three or individually. That would really help :slight_smile: Thanks very much for your consideration :slight_smile:

I am a little confused about how this patch is being applied to the new 1.0 IDE. I see on Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. that it says it's fixed (at the bottom of that web page) but I don't see any difference then before. Am I missing something?

Is this something we have to compile to get it to work? or is there somewhere other file we have to edit before this will work?

Blacklab

BlackLab1:
Is this something we have to compile to get it to work?

Yes, you must compile the latest code from github, or wait until the next official Arduino release.