Go Down

Topic: Piezo sensor reading random values when ESP8266 Is connected. HELP! (Read 259 times) previous topic - next topic

FedxE

Hello, I'm building a project and its almost ready, but i just bumped into a problem.
The piezo sensor is reading random values. I'm using the following items:

1 Arduino Nano
1 Esp-8266
1 1M resistor between positive and negative of piezo sensor
1 Piezo sensor

the problem im facing starts when i connect the ESP's CH_PD to ESP's VCC (There has to be a jumper between CH_PD and VCC) i noticed that as soon as i plug the CH_PD im getting some random values (i belive is noise)

if i use 2 different power supplies i dont get that problem. I'm powering the entire project with the Nano's USB port. I read that maybe the arduino nano cant supply all that power. What can i do to make it simple and make it work with only ONE power supply? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards
-FedXE

wvmarle

Indeed the Nano can't supply that much power at 3.3V, the regulator will be overloaded. Connecting CH_PD means you enable the chip and it starts drawing power.

You'll have to use a separate regulator connecting directly to your power supply (so not via the Nano). Can be the same power supply, provided that this power supply can handle the current - a single USB port can normally handle the current just fine.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

wvmarle

Another, maybe better solution: use a NodeMCU or WeMOS development board instead of the Nano + ESP-01. Those boards connect directly to the USB as well. I do assume the piezo sensor can work on 3.3V.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

FedxE

Another, maybe better solution: use a NodeMCU or WeMOS development board instead of the Nano + ESP-01. Those boards connect directly to the USB as well. I do assume the piezo sensor can work on 3.3V.
hello, indeed i thoight of that but i had an esp8266 laying around so i decided to use it but i knew that nodemcu was a better option so after your comment i bought 2 and now i'm finnishing the project. Thanks for the tips. Best regards

wvmarle

NodeMCU is very convenient for development, not necessarily "better". After all it also has an ESP8266 on board, but with all the extras like regulator, USB/TTL interface, and even circuitry to make the ADC go all the way from 0-3.3V.

I'm using NodeMCU boards for development but finished projects get the bare bones ESP8266 with only the external components it needs. Much smaller.

FedxE

NodeMCU is very convenient for development, not necessarily "better". After all it also has an ESP8266 on board, but with all the extras like regulator, USB/TTL interface, and even circuitry to make the ADC go all the way from 0-3.3V.

I'm using NodeMCU boards for development but finished projects get the bare bones ESP8266 with only the external components it needs. Much smaller.
sorry for bothering you but im having a problem with the NodeMcu it keeps resetting. Could you please take a look at this topic i created please? : https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=503196.0

Thanks for your time

Go Up