Arduino Due compatible with Arduino Ethernet shield or Arduino Wifi shield ?

Hello Everybody,

Arduino Due is it compatible with Arduino Ethernet shield or Arduino Wifi shield ?

If no, is there a work around ?

Best regards,

Laurent

The exact question I want answered too.
Since the Due seems to have a 3.3v max while the Arduino wants 5V - I worry about plugging them together.

They are both compatible.

For the Wifi shield, the library is still missing, so you can't still use it (unless you port the library by yourself). I'm working on it.

Thank you for the update.

Based on your comments I should be able to plug in my Arduino Ethernet Shield to my soon to be ordered Due.

I also expect that the library should work as before in the new 32-bit environment.

If this is not the case, please let us both know what issues remain with the Ethernet communications aspect of the new Due.

Pat

ireland94:
Based on your comments I should be able to plug in my Arduino Ethernet Shield to my soon to be ordered Due.
I also expect that the library should work as before in the new 32-bit environment.

Yup that should work without issues.

It needs to be a recent/original arduino ethernet shield because it comes with the right level translators and the rest.

older eth shields (more than 1 year old and incompatible with the Mega) do not work.

m

I have the Ethernet Shield (rev3) with the Beta Due running a COSM reporting sketch 24/7 for the past 3months with no problems.

I have the Ethernet Shield (rev3) with the Beta Due running a COSM reporting sketch 24/7 for the past 3months with no problems.

What library are you using? Is one released?? Thanks..

Please, we need to be very explicit what hardware will work with Due to ensure we keep the "I did ____ with a ____ and now my Due doesn't work" messages to a minimum.

I have an Arduino Due R3 and an Arduino Ethernet Shield R3.
I want to connect these 2 but my worry is about is that the ICSP of the shield will be connected with the SPI of the Due. Do I have to change something in the code that I will use or it's ok?
I saw a tutorial for Arduino Mega and some hacks(cables+code) in order to work these together. Do I have to do something like that?

SOLVED
Just plug the shield in the same pins as shown at the DUE and the shield's ICSP to DUE's SPI.
No conversion to 5V is needed in order to work properly the shield.

SOLVED
Just plug the shield in the same pins as shown at the DUE and the shield's ICSP to DUE's SPI.
No conversion to 5V is needed in order to work properly the shield.

Are you sayng that Ethernet shield rev 3 works with Arduino Due?

Hi,

I have an Arduino DUE R3 and an official Arduino WiFi shield (one month old). Can I just plug my Shield in the DUE, will this work and not damage any hardware? What about the library, do I have to add a special library for the WiFi shield now it is connected to a DUE, or does the WiFi library in the 1.5.5 IDE handles everything?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

cmaglie:

For the Wifi shield, the library is still missing, so you can't still use it (unless you port the library by yourself). I'm working on it.

Hey guys,

I tested it yesterday and it is working. I had one small issue though. I started with a Sketch I was using with my UNO, it compiled well, but after uploading it to my DUE, the WiFi was not connecting. Furthermore I noticed that the board actually froze. After some trial-and-error I found out my includes where in the wrong order.

So I changed if from:

/* Includes */
#include <WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiUdp.h>
#include <SPI.h>

to:

/* Includes */
#include <SPI.h>
#include <WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiUdp.h>

The weird thing is that with my UNO this was not an issue. Anyway, good luck!

Pieter

RPieter:
Hi,

I have an Arduino DUE R3 and an official Arduino WiFi shield (one month old). Can I just plug my Shield in the DUE, will this work and not damage any hardware? What about the library, do I have to add a special library for the WiFi shield now it is connected to a DUE, or does the WiFi library in the 1.5.5 IDE handles everything?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

cmaglie:

HI guys,

I've been having some issues with making the Ethernet Shield (rev 3) work with my Due (rev 3).

More details here:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=223308.0

Any ideas? Would be very grateful, as google seems to be unaware of any issues :confused:

I am also having issues...
I have an DUE R3 and Ethernet R3 and I don't seem able to get the Chatserver example to work.
I can see the Ethernet Rx light but no tx light.
The serial monitor works, but I can't get a telnet connection.
Can any one point me in the right direction, or at least say they have the same hardware working?
I'm running on a 64bit Windows 7 Professional machine with service pack 1.

Thanks

I have fixed my issue with the Due and Ethernet shield.
They were not the issue.
The issue was the setup of my computer.
Once that was sorted then I can communicate with the Due via the Ethernet shield using the ChatServer Sketch.

I think the problems will be the 3V3 of DUE instead of 5V of UNO
But otherwise you can use a level translator 3V3 <--> 5V and seek which pins are used by Arduino UNO for ethernet comm, they maybe SPI pins .Then you must to be sure about the library ,the DUE has an ARM processor

Hi,
I just want someone to confirm that the WiFi and Ethernet shields can be fully implemented with the arduino due. ie. that the libraries are compatible with the SAM3X system and that the shields can be connected to the due without the use of an intermediate board