EMBG12864J - Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to use it?

Hi.

I have dismantled and old washing machine that broke mechanically, so I believe electronics are functional. It had this smallish display in it and I thought I'd use it on some project. However, figuring out what the d*mn thing is turned out to be harder than I thought. No datasheets no pinout diagrams, about nothing. Only thing I could find was a 1-page PDF that had a list of different display types in the same family. That's about it.

The display is a 128x64 dots graphical display, about 4 inches diagonal. It has a 20-pin header without any markings. The pins 20 and 19 connect to the side (I traced the connections on the board) of the actual display to legs marked as K and A, so that's the backlight. Is has two additional visible ICs on the back (the other is a LM324 and the other is labeled F766100B01, which I'm not exactly sure what that is.)

Following texts are written on the silkscreen of the display:
(Front side, top of actual display):
ELEC & ELTEK www.eleceltek.com
EMBG12864J-01 VER A00
(under the actual display):
Kl sn102 94V-0

(Backside):
ELEC & ELTEK
EMBG12864J-01 VER A00

Then it has a white sticker with:
EMBG12864J-02
S0-MA02460
050519-0011

If anyone has any idea about pinouts, what to use to talk to it, anything. I know 128x64 displays are quite cheap, but I'd like to use this one if it's at all possible. If not, my wife probably will make a dollhouse-flatscreen TV out of it :slight_smile:

Search for "BG12864A" and "BG12864"
Is that the display ?

Google finds the F766100B01, but I can't find what it is.

Sorry for taking so long, but I've been busy doing real life stuff (I do have a family with kids).

But, long story short, I now can use the display. I did .. err. a "bit" of research (read: n+1 browser windows open for most of one week, and about a mile of wire :slight_smile:

Anyway, for future use if anyone else manages to get a hold of one of these, here's some details:

• It uses a KS0108 controller (so there's at least two libraries that you can use).
  • Be sure to connect the contrast correctly: V0 pin to the wiper of a pot connected between Gnd and Vee(!), you do NOT connect the contrast to V+ in any way.
  • There are TWO chip select pins.
  • The friggin' thing as finicky as all h*ll with timing, if you update ANYTHING on the screen faster than 15fps DO NOT have epilepsy...
  • Also note, at least my version really, really doesn't like drawing stuff at any extreme edges. I have to essentially use it as a 126x62 lines of display, because any graphic hitting any edge will make the display really blurry.

Other than that, it is a very nice display. Contrast is fine, brightness seems ok.