ArduinoISP won't connect with IDE

I recently bought an ATMEGA2560 and an ArduinoISP. I want to explore programming directly through the ICSP connector. I can't get the IDE to see the ArduinoISP. I've spent the afternoon googling and trying several different solutions to no avail.

I can upload sketches using USB, but can't upload the sketch or a bootloader using the ISP.

Here's the error messages I get.

Bootloader:

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega2560 -cstk500v1 -PCOM5 -b19200 -e -Ulock:w:0x3F:m -Uefuse:w:0xFD:m -Uhfuse:w:0xD8:m -Ulfuse:w:0xFF:m 

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM5
         Using Programmer              : stk500v1
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 19200
Error while burning bootloader.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM5": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Uploading Sketch Blink.

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 1462 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega2560 -cstk500v1 -PCOM5 -b19200 -Uflash:w:C:\Users\PETERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_63424/Blink.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM5
         Using Programmer              : stk500v1
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 19200
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM5": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I'm on a windows 10 64 bit machine. The Arduino site does say the ISP was retired. Is it possible the problem is the ArduinoISP is no longer usable by the latest IDE?

This is the ISP I have:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to select either Tools > Programmer > ArduinoISP or Tools > Programmer > ArduinoISP.org depending on whether you have the ArduinoISP from arduino.org. Since it was recently purchased it's most likely ArduinoISP.org. Do not select Tools > Programmer > Arduino as ISP, that's something completely different.

pert:
You need to select either Tools > Programmer > ArduinoISP or Tools > Programmer > ArduinoISP.org depending on whether you have the ArduinoISP from arduino.org. Since it was recently purchased it's most likely ArduinoISP.org. Do not select Tools > Programmer > Arduino as ISP, that's something completely different.

That's funny. I tried all of those, but decided to give it a try again and ArduinoISP.org didn't work, but this time ArduinoISP did work.

Thanks. It's odd, but I'll take it.