Scratch talking to Arduino via Pyfirmata

JFI - I'm trying to make generic and easier to modify system other than using S4A to control an Arduino.

I'm basically writing a python handler program that listens for Scratch broadcasts and variable changes and then relays them to an Arduino running Firmata.

I'm looking for alpha testers at the moment (one user reports it doesn't work on a Mac - I've tested it on XP PC and Win7 64bit PC)

Blog link here: Scratch controlling Shrimp/Arduino | CympleCy (SimpleSi) Depreciated Site

Roadmap is to

1. Be able to control digitial outs (Done)
  2. Accept Analog input (Done)
  3. Control PWM outs (in progress)
  4. Make an install.bat file for PC so it installs Python 2.7 together with pyserial, pyfirmata and my handler prog to make it easy to deploy for Scratchers (started)
  5. Auto-find the Arduino port so it doesn't have to be manually configured (not started)

regards

Simon

Does 3 now (PWM)
and also can use pins as servo's as well :slight_smile:

Simon

Project is going quite well - I recently had 6 Arduino's in a class with age 10 pupils controlling stepper motor,servos, 7 seqment display, LEDs and a PIR Sensor.

They made a musical box twirlling ballerine with the stepper motor, stop/go flag with the servo, dice with the LEDs and 7 Segment display and a burglar alarm with the PIR Sensor :slight_smile:

1. Be able to control digitial outs (Done)
  2. Accept Analog input (Removed at moment - too much data aat moment swamping serial comms)
  3. Control PWM outs (Done)
  4. Make an install.bat file for PC so it installs Python 2.7 together with pyserial, pyfirmata and my handler prog to make it easy to deploy for Scratchers (Got one that works on Windows)
  5. Auto-find the Arduino port so it doesn't have to be manually configured (Done on Windows)
  6. Controls two 5 wire unipolar steppers (Done)
  7. Servo control (Done)

Simon