Taiji-Uino Due RTC broken? Nope, just missing a crystal.

Hello,

I wanted to use Markus's really nice RTC library on my Taiji-Uino Due but the code is not working.

Here is his library: GitHub - MarkusLange/Arduino-Due-RTC-Library: RTC Library for the Arduino Due

If I run the example "Due_RTC_Simple_Sample", I do not get anything back on the serial monitor. However, If I plug in my Arduino brand Arduino Due, I get results like I expect from the example sketch.

I have a second Taiji-Uino and that one is having the same problem... Maybe I got a couple of them from a bad batch?

Can someone else with a Taiji-uino Due verify what I am seeing?

kcore:
Hello,

I wanted to use Markus's really nice RTC library on my Taiji-Uino Due but the code is not working.

Here is his library: GitHub - MarkusLange/Arduino-Due-RTC-Library: RTC Library for the Arduino Due

If I run the example "Due_RTC_Simple_Sample", I do not get anything back on the serial monitor. However, If I plug in my Arduino brand Arduino Due, I get results like I expect from the example sketch.

I have a second Taiji-Uino and that one is having the same problem... Maybe I got a couple of them from a bad batch?

Can someone else with a Taiji-uino Due verify what I am seeing?

Hi kcore,

did you check this line?

// Select the Slowclock source
//RTC_clock rtc_clock(RC);
RTC_clock rtc_clock(XTAL);

In the Sample may the Taiji-Uino has no crystal on the surface, so that you need to choose the RC.

B.R.

Markus

Yup, looks like the Taiji-uino clone skipped a component. There's no crystal.

If you un-comment the line:
RTC_clock rtc_clock(RC);

...it will work on the Taiji-uino. Thanks for clearing that up Markus and btw, your work around here is much appreciated. Electric house can't exactly skimp on an RTC because it's baked into the silicon!