Two Editors, Do not synchronize my actions between them

I'm programming two things at once, one of them is a transmitter, one of them is a receiver. They each have their own "board.txt" entry. When I select a "board" in one window, the setting for the other window is changed without me knowing so, this causes a lot of headaches and a lot of clicks when I want to update both firmwares.

Please don't synchronize settings between completely different projects.

Is this to inform us or?
The lesson seems to be to don't use two IDE's with different settings at the time or be aware of sideeffects of the switching?

robtillaart:
Is this to inform us or?

this is a suggestion for the arduino project

The lesson seems to be to don't use two IDE's with different settings at the time or be aware of sideeffects of the switching?

I want to be using two IDEs

I am now aware of the side effects, but I think this particular side effect should not be there. It was certainly not present in Arduino 0023, and the change is not in the changelog or release notes. Plus it simply screams bad design, it's two individual instances of a program with no relevance to each other, imagine having two Word documents open and changing one document's page size affected the other document.

I wish the Arduino attitude didn't include "live with it" and "work around it" so much.

OK, your example makes it more explicit. Good suggestion!