2560 pinout spreadsheet on playground

I've noticed for quite some time that the main product description page is missing the pin outs document

I put a spreadsheet together that shows arduino pins to atmega2560 ports and atmega2560 ports to arduino pins
I've put it in the playground in interfacing with hardware / general (right at the bottom)

It would be very nice to see the official page updated with a proper pinout though (in both directions!) as most people
will probably fail to find this important info in the playground :roll_eyes:

What PC application program reads a .ods file?

Lefty

Open office

Might be more useful if put in a more common document, maybe a .pdf?

By the way someone already placed a arduino pins worksheet on the google spreadsheet site, showing pins assignments for both the 168/328 chips and 'mega' chip, which in the arduino world means both the mega1280 and mega2560 chips which share the same pin assignments.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rtHw_R6eVL140KS9_G8GPkA&gid=0

Lefty

Allready PM-ed Chris and asked him to do this.

Hope both tables are in sync :slight_smile:

retrolefty:

feel free.... something editable is more useful however...

By the way someone already placed a arduino pins worksheet on the google spreadsheet site

Its only one way not both ways, seeing that spreadsheet was exactly why I made my own version...

feel free.... something editable is more useful however...

Well to edit or convert it I would have to be able to open it, right? I don't have open office on my machine, I'm sure that is the case for lots of the forum members. I'm not trying to put down your effort, it is appreciated ( I think, can't open the document), just that you consider making it avalible in a more common document format.

Lefty

http://www.ehow.com/how_6365644_convert-ods-file-xls.html three way to open a ods on window...

most other spreadsheets other than ms office can usually make a fair fist of opening open office documents, if you ask nicely I can lend you the purchase price of open office...

I know this is an old topic, but i can't find another on topic.
With ref to chris_c's spreadsheet.

I've created an updated version that removes what you rarely need (IC pins), ordered it by port and added the colours from the mega pin diagram. I've also included the diagram and IC for reference.
In doing so i found a mistake on Chris's version (pins PF0/1 were reversed)
Perhaps this can be posted in place of the old version on the playground -moderator?

For those that suggested PDF, that just isnt useful. I use these templates to create new projects, you make a copy and add in your project pin functions. You can do that with a PDF.

ATMega.zip (480 KB)

I like the PighiXXX pinout diagrams

...R

Yes, and i've added that to the spreadsheet, but you miss the point, its for organising your project pin designation.

Ho55:
but you miss the point, its for organising your project pin designation.

Yes I did. Sorry.

I just make my own spreadsheet or text file for that.

...R