Serial Call example

The Serial Call and Response example needs a bit of editing... I tried, but was told I had insufficient privilege.

The URL is....

One thing may be Just Wrong: The upper, pictoral, diagram shows only two connections from the potentiometers. Surely three are needed, as shown in the circuit diagram?

The other problems are "trivial" if you know what you're doing, but unnecessary hurdles to the people I would assume the pages are meant for....

I would not suggest that anyone should go to all the trouble of re-doing the artwork, but perhaps some simple text notes could clear up the following....

(a- the third wire needed(?) from the pots)

b- the "Blobby things" hanging down ARE potentiometers.... I thought they were microphones or maybe piezo sensors when I looked at them

c- The diagrams show TWO sources of an analog value. The programs use THREE analog inputs.

Hope someone with editing privileges will take this on, and add a "done" note to this thread.... unless someone else adds a "not needed" note first! Maybe I've misunderstood what is presented on the page cited.

While a potentiometer does have three connections avalible, two end points and one wiper, you can use just two connections of a potentiometer, one end point and the wiper, and that is how the breadboard version is wired up. That also reflects what is drawn in the electrical schematic.

There is an error on the breadboard pictutorial in that the left side of the far right hand resistor is not connected to the black wire going to a ground connection.

Lefty

The "blobby things hanging down" are flex sensors. That is what they look like.

If you look at the tutorial again you'll see that there are three sensors. The switch attached to digital pin 2 is the third sensor. It's read at the line:

// read switch, map it to 0 or 255L
thirdSensor = map(digitalRead(2), 0, 1, 0, 255);

Then sent with the two analog sensors.

THe "blobby things hanging down" are force-sensing resistors. You can get them from a number of online retailers now: Sparkfun, Adafruit (I think), Trossen Robotics, Images SI, and more. That particular model is made by Interlink Electronics.