HC-SR04-LCD

Heey,

Is it possible to with the HC-SR04 to develop a system that allows you as the distance e.g.. lower than 40 cm you can control a lcd screen for a certain time?

Cekstuffertz

Is it possible to with the HC-SR04 to develop a system that allows you as the distance e.g.. lower than 40 cm you can control a lcd screen for a certain time?

It is possible to use a HC-SR04 to measure distances. It is possible to display that distance on an LCD screen. It would be helpful if you explained the "control a lcd screen" part. Usually, LCD screens are not unruly devices that need controlling. But, when they are, controlling them only for a certain time is not a good idea.

PaulS:

It is possible to use a HC-SR04 to measure distances. It is possible to display that distance on an LCD screen. It would be helpful if you explained the "control a lcd screen" part. Usually, LCD screens are not unruly devices that need controlling. But, when they are, controlling them only for a certain time is not a good idea.

When the distance is lower then e.g.. 40 the lcd screen have to show a text for 30 seconds like:"Good job!"

Yes, perfectly possible.
Have you tried it ?

No because i don't control the c++ language yet. Can you help my with the code?

Cekstuffertz

You are going to have to put some effort in.
Do you have the hardware ?

HC-SR04 ?
LCD ?
Arduino ?
Power supply ?

Yes!

Good news !

What example sketches have to tried ?

I assume that you have at least mad an LED blink

Yes that worked.

And using the range finder and displaying the range on the serial monitor?

And displaying fixed text on the LCD

You can see which way this is going, can't you.
Baby steps maybe but remember "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Things for you to do.

1. Get the Sensors/Ping example program working if you have not done so already. Output goes to the serial monitor
  2. Get the Liquid Crystal/Hello World program working if you have not already done so
  3. Combine the 2 so that the Ping output goes to the LCD

Ask questions if you get stuck nut please post your code to help get answers

1. Change the program to put a different message on the screen when the ping distance is less than 40cm