Is my relays wiring schema correct?

Hello :slight_smile:

Just a little question: is this schema correct? (I want the relays Normally Open)

Thanks!

What are those three devices? What terminals do what on your relay board? What do you want the devices to do when you switch the relays?

guix:
Hello :slight_smile:

Just a little question: is this schema correct? (I want the relays Normally Open)

Thanks!

Looks about right, without the spec sheet for that relay board it's hard to tell. I've gotten some that inverted the input so you had to be HIGH to have the relay be off easy way to check is to connect just power and see if the relays click if they do it's inverted.

johnwasser:
What are those three devices? What terminals do what on your relay board? What do you want the devices to do when you switch the relays?

Sorry, I though it was obvious, those 3 devices are french outlets! The one at the top is the "input" of the relays, the two others on the right are the output (of course, wires will be behind :)).

The terminals are, in order like in the schema:

Normally Closed
Common
Normally Open

And I will plug some devices in the output outlets, such as lamps, pumps...

Ok silasmoeckel, I think the relay board I buyed, is "active LOW", not sure what that mean yet :slight_smile:

guix:

johnwasser:

Sorry, I though it was obvious, those 3 devices are french outlets! The one at the top is the "input" of the relays, the two others on the right are the output (of course, wires will be behind :)).

The terminals are, in order like in the schema:

Normally Closed
Common
Normally Open

And I will plug some devices in the output outlets, such as lamps, pumps...

Ok silasmoeckel, I think the relay board I buyed, is "active LOW", not sure what that mean yet :slight_smile:

Then your wiring looks correct. Active low means when you send a digital LOW output from the arduino digital pin wired to one of the relay channels the relay will activate (pull-in) and when you send a HIGH the relay will deactivate. That is no big deal as it's just a software detail you keep track of as you control the arduino output pins in your sketch, High means AC power off, LOW means AC power on.

Lefty

Ok, thank you :slight_smile:

If all three devices are "outlets" then that suggests you are using a PLUG to supply power to the relay units via the top socket. This means you will have bare live pins exposed and a serious risk of electrocution should the supply lead become disconnected from the top socket. NEVER use a plug at the free end of a supply cable. If you must use a flying lead as a supply the free end should have a socket fitted.

Of course :slight_smile: