need to store data in database.

i am trying to work with ethernet shield with sd card.

i need to use the database to store my datas.

Is it possible to use the database in storing my datas in the sd card.

Please help me with the simple sample programs.

i need to use the database to store my datas.

What database?

Is it possible to use the database in storing my datas in the sd card.

What database? A relational database consists of a lot more than just data storage.

Please help me with the simple sample programs.

There are simple samples (provided) for reading and writing to SD cards. Creating a database application that uses the SD card as the data repository is possible but not simple.

What database?

i am planning to use SQL for data base.

I am planning to send data from android mobile and it should receive in router to eternet shield and it shold store the data in the exact tables in the data base.

Is the things possible.

i am planning to use SQL for data base.

SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is not specific to any particular relational database.

I am planning to send data from android mobile and it should receive in router to eternet shield and it shold store the data in the exact tables in the data base.

Is the things possible.

Not unless you intend to develop a relational database program for the Arduino. Doing so in 32K of program space with 2K of SRAM will be a real challenge.

I like to say that anything is possible, given enough time and money, but an Arduino is probably not going to be capable of running an SQL database. Given that, I don't see a need for an Arduino at all from the rather brief description here. Just have the Android device send the data directly to the database server and cut out the middle-man.

SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is not specific to any particular relational database.

i am new to relational database. Do you have any sample program for the relational database.

Not unless you intend to develop a relational database program for the Arduino. Doing so in 32K of program space with 2K of SRAM will be a real challenge.

i luv challenge. You are making me interested in this. But i need help too.

Do you have any sample program for the relational database.

MySQL, Postgre/SQL, SQLServer, etc. are all examples of relational databases.

i luv challenge. You are making me interested in this. But i need help too.

Including realistic expectations.

You are probably better off figuring out how to use individual flat files as substitutes for each table.

1 Like

I am in a need to store the datas in a external storage device. so i prefer sd card in ethernet shiled with sql or any data base

jonyjakee:

[quote author=Jack Christensen link=topic=112691.msg847660#msg847660 date=1341336407]
Just have the Android device send the data directly to the database server and cut out the middle-man.

I am in a need to store the datas in a external storage device. so i prefer sd card in ethernet shiled with sql or any data base
[/quote]

Isn't a database server an external storage device? If you want to sneaker-net the data around, then download it from the database to a flash drive.

can you send me a simple web sever sketch in ethernet with sd card storage in it.

I think that is impossible process sql instruction directly from Arduino,without database server(or a pc)..for example sqlite library,which is a very small implementation of sql ,requires more than 100kb..
In my opinion,u have two option:

• Use a flat file(like .dat,.txt,.csv) on the sd card
  • use a database server installed in some pc(or also in a router with openwrt,if is possible),the Arduino could build the SQL string and pass them to the pc..but it required ethernet shield(or other type of conection)

m_ri:
In my opinion,u have two option:

• Use a flat file(like .dat,.txt,.csv) on the sd card
  • use a database server installed in some pc(or also in a router with openwrt,if is possible),the Arduino could build the SQL string and pass them to the pc..but it required ethernet shield(or other type of conection)

Please send me a sample code which accesses the data from the client side in this ethernet and router connection.

In 1995 when using Turbo Pascal I wrote a simple relational database similar to the dBase/Paradox form where every table and every index uses a separate physical file.

Having worked with an Ethermega card for some months my 5,000 plus line home automation system has been pushing RAM limits for some time, primarily because of application data stored in arrays in RAM. Of course all the data is written out to log files everyday to build up a long term history - but once out of Arduino RAM all that data no longer participates in application functionality/reporting,

With ample Flash and SD card memory/space remaining it might be time to throw my data out of the Arduino's RAM and store it in a simple relational database on my SD card. I have found my old 1995 code - maybe over the next few months I will port it to Arduino C. Still just a idea - but at least I have a proven working model to start with.

It seems that an Ethermega card with plenty of flash (256KB - I am only using 100KB so far), only 8KB RAM, 4KB EEPROM (2KB used for strings) and access to say 4GB SD card storage is actually a development environment begging for a simple relational database tool/library for large data storage and reporting.

Or should an Intel Galileo be my next step? Does it support massive amounts of array RAM data?

Catweazle NZ

If you want to sneaker-net the data around

Now, there's a term I haven't heard for a decade or two....

Or should an Intel Galileo be my next step?

You could choose the Arduino Yun to stay in the family, or a RPI, both are capable of running MySql or SQLite

Why do you think you need a database? Just store it as raw data. Much more simple. Also don't convert your data to plain text it just increase processing time, increase code complexity and increases memory use both in terms of file-size, program size, and ram usage.