Is this real ?

no, it's bullshit.

After he cut the wire with a pair of scissors I was hoping he'd superglue his fingers to the CD.

Seems a lot of work for nothing.

I cannot work out why google thought i would be interested as i was searching for vinyl sheet at the time.

Boardburner2:
as i was searching for vinyl sheet at the time.

Perhaps it made a connection between CDs and vinyl record ?

...R

Boardburner2:
I cannot work out why google thought i would be interested as i was searching for vinyl sheet at the time.

Google doesn't just look at what you're searching now. It also looks at what else you've searched*** to rank your results. So maybe you'd searched for something solar panel related or free energy related or something that it thought was related recently so when you looked for vinyl sheet it made the leap to thinking you wanted to DIY a solar panel somehow.

***And things you've mentioned on social media, things you've mentioned in your private emails, links you've clicked, ads you've watched, what you watch on TV, what kind of food you feed your cats, who was your third grade teacher, what kind of car you drive, what sort of wiping technique you use in the toilet, and just about anything else that there is to know about you.

Delta_G:
So maybe you'd searched for something solar panel related or free energy related or something that it thought was related recently so when you looked for vinyl sheet it made the leap to thinking you wanted

Indeed i have recently.

Had no idea how bad things have got.
Never been tempted by social media and the days when i used my real name in email addresses are long gone.

Hi,
If he used black epoxy cased diodes, I don't think he would have the same response.
DMM is in the 200mV range too.

I worry when I see lots of "Super Glue" in these YouTube videos, they must be sniffing to much Cyanoacrylates.

I watch them, just for a laugh, when I need one.

Our friends from the sub continent have contributed greatly to my mirth.

Tom... :slight_smile: