Auto reconnection of Serial Monitor ?

Hi!

I'm a newbie with arduino (software) and and happy user. All runs fine with arduino software and teensy++.

My single question till now is that each time I reprogram the teensy, the serial port is disconnected. After reprogramming the teensy, the serial port reappears.
The problem is that the serial monitor loose his connection and does not restart/reset it when the port is back. I'm then obliged to close and reopen the serial monitor.
On my computer it is enough slow... Any idea on how to ask the serial monitor to repeatedly retry to connect the serial port, or a serial port monitor alternative that could handle this?

Many thank for your advises. Arduino rocks!

you just have to close every time the serial monitor before sending a new prog into the arduino.

If I remenber, this is one of the feature request of the next version of arduino ide.

you just have to close every time the serial monitor before sending a new prog into the arduino.

If the Serial Monitor's open from the same window then it closes automatically on uploading a new program.

I'd be interested to know if there are any programs with Serial Port monitoring which will re-open the port when it re-appears. I don't know of any myself, I personally use PUTTY (normally simply becuase I want to log the serial monitor output).

Brey terminal (Terminal) works great as a serial monitor for window users. It's free and it's a small standalone EXE program that requires no installation. While it won't automatically connect and disconnect from the comm port, it does have a connect/disconnect button so the terminal application can remain opened if you need to do a upload from the arduino IDE. Lots of features too.

Lefty

serialbpp is good! thank for the trick. It's not an autoreconnect, but it's better than the included serial monitor...