SD card read/write with Arduino

Hi all.

I'm back from a short break - I'm glad to see things happening.

The wiring should be the same for the ladyada code - the arduino's hardware SPI support works on a certain set of pins only. I tried my code out on a ladyada GPS board at dorkbot London a few weekends ago and it worked without modification.

As for using the ladyada code 'to get around the limitations of uFat' - well we're going full circle :wink: uFat is my way of getting around the limitations of having very little RAM and flash left after using the full FAT library..!

If your sketch is quite small and you can use the more fully featured library then I would suggest doing so as it makes your life really easy! uFat was designed for situations when this isn't quite the case :slight_smile: I've traded simplicity for RAM. A full sketch of uFat, MMC & deviceprint will use under 5k. You have to make compromises - this is a classic trade-off!

The DevicePrint code will work with anyone's library. You do need the arduino IDE version 0012/0013 though.

@JB - you're spot on. The file needs to be stuffed beforehand. And contiguous! Else strange results are going to happen :stuck_out_tongue: