Error uploading sketch to Arduino Lilypad PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:15 pm

I just received a new Lilypad and FTDI connector and I can't upload an Arduino sketch to it. I have a Uno and that works fine. I am on OSX 10.6. I have installed the latest FTDI Serial Driver and have the latest Arduino software. I have seen other threads on this but they seem to often end at the bit of advice about selecting the correct board and serial port. I have tried that with no luck. My Uno works great and I am hooked.

When I connect to USB the lilypad lights up. When I try to upload a sketch a red LED lights up for the TX pin.

The Lilypad does not respond to the upload attempt at all.

The Error I am receiving when trying to upload the Blink example to the Lilypad:
Binary sketch size: 1042 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Arduino Application Version: 0022
Selected Board: Arduino Lilypad ATMega328
Selected Serial: tty.usbserial-A600EHU0

Is there something I am missing? A setting that I am not aware of? I don't think I am running anything on or connected to the mac that would be interfering with the serial port.

Did you change the board setting?

Which FTDI thing is it?

FTDI Basic Breakout - 5V

Thanks

I set the Board Setting ti the Lilypad ATMega 328.

Can you provide the verbose output (hold shift while pressing the upload button in the toolbar in the Arduino software)? Do you have the FTDI cable all the way onto the header pins on the LilyPad? It's definitely got a 328 on it, right? Try a different mini USB cable? If none of that works, you should probably contact SparkFun tech support; it's possible the board is somehow defective (missing bootloader, etc).

Thanks Mellis

Here is the verbose response:

Binary sketch size: 1042 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P/dev/tty.usbserial-A600eHU0 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/LI/LIwoiFgcGTuhyk1xktVSj++++TI/-Tmp-/build4324506453709382490.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 9 2007 at 11:20:31
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
User configuration file is "/Users/FreddyK/.avrduderc"
User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port : /dev/tty.usbserial-A600eHU0
Using Programmer : stk500v1
Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20]
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding