[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

pico:
Is the com port failure detect/reset wrapper function for avrdude still in the latest version? I had a play with your version 1.0.5 under Win7 x64 and I was getting regular "misses" on the USB virtual com port, requiring a physical unplug/plug cycle to correct. Tedious (but fairly normal, I know.)

However, your "wrapper" solution used to detect this and offer a soft reset, which lowered the tedium factor significantly (worth several Pepsis! :grin:). Has this been phased out for some reason? Or is there something odd with my install?

It is still there, with a few tweaks. Can you enable verbose and post here the output when it fails?

The port will be checked if the arguments when calling avrdude don't contains: "-cavr109" but they contain portPrefix = @"-P\.\COM", baudsPrefix = "-b":
https://github.com/eried/Arduino/blob/master/erw/csharp/AvrDudeReset/Program.cs

I think the ignore was just to avoid Leonardo issues on some people. Maybe the port is actually responding, the wrapper just tries to open the port, but does not test about the validity of the responses. If you can open the port in another terminal like HTERM, then your problem is a new one.