GLCD library version 3 (end of life - no longer supported)

I'm wondering if you can give a little help to an issue that isn't part of the official package. I'm trying to run the LCD via a shift register in order to free up some pins that I will need, following the instructions on this post. As you know, a lot of the codebase has changed, as well as some of the general layout, and as a result, these code changes don't work perfectly. In order to account for the layout changes this is in the glcd.cpp file.

The main problem I'm encountering is with the last piece of code in that post, the lcdDataShiftOut function. When compiling using the ks0108:: prefix, I get the error that ks0108 hasn't been declared, which is to be expected. When I run it with the glcd:: prefix, I get the error "no member function declared in class 'glcd'". When running without either prefix, it gives errors that FastWriteLow and FastWriteHigh weren't declared in that 'scope'. The problem is, I'm not sure where or how to declare them. Can anyone offer some advice for this? Thanks.