Due pinout diagram

Nice work so far! This will be helpful Rob!

Graynomad:
Does anyone have a hi-res pic of a Due? This one is from the product page, it has a lot of flare and is lo-res anyway. Good quality and NO barrel distortion please. If I get a Due I'll shoot my own from a great distance so there's little perspective distortion. (I did work as a product photographer in a past life)

Remember that the picture you have now, seems to be the one with markings on the ICSP next to the 16u2 chip, my Due does not have those markings, so one should prefer to get an picture of that one, so we have the correct orientation, since it's upside down compared to the SPI (old icsp placement) on the board.

OK, at this point it doesn't matter because I'm only doing the header pinout, but if there are such differences I'll need the current board when I do other stuff.

Rob

Here's the current version, it's growed a bit.

My brain hurts from checking and cross checking and it's very likely that there are errors at this point. Feel free to point them out :slight_smile:

Note the extra serial port (Serial4?), not supported as far as I can see but there none the less.

Rob

supernice, for completeness, will you do the spi, icsp, cortex, and swid to?

Graynomad:
Thanks panzar, for the moment just a jpeg maybe 2000px on the long side will do. If possible square, shot from as far away as possible with a long lens, no pincushion/barrel distortion, even light, no hot spots etc. :slight_smile:

You can email me rob@robgray.com.

EDIT: Oh, and a plane background, doesn't matter what colour.

Rob

Lightroom lens correction FTW :wink:

I`ll have a try tonight

ohhh and keep it man it looks like you are eating the datasheet :smiley:

@neslekkim
Yes I'm happy to do the ICSP, SPI and SWD pinouts and anything else that's useful, as you said though we need to know which PCB layout is correct for the future.

What do you mean by "cortex"?

looks like you are eating the datasheet

My brain literally does hurt from nutting this lot out. Yes I can correct pincushion and barrel distortion in Photoshop :slight_smile:

Rob

Awesome work so far Rob.
What a confusing data sheet.
Looks like there are multiple sets of SPI controllers - I don't see how they make it to IO pins tho.
For example PA25-26-27-28 make up SPI 0 with 3 additional chip selects on PA29-30-31 - where are are PA30-31 on the Due schematic? PA25-26-27 only seem to be on a 2x3 header?
Similarly for PE28-29-30-31 for 2nd SPI - what pins do they get multiplexed onto? I can't tell from the data sheet, same for the additional chip selects on PF0,1,2.

Graynomad:
Here's the current version, it's growed a bit.

Link to larger version

www.robgray.com/temp/Due-pinout-1.jpg

My brain hurts from checking and cross checking and it's very likely that there are errors at this point. Feel free to point them out :slight_smile:

Note the extra serial port (Serial4?), not supported as far as I can see but there none the less.

Rob

Giant work, cool. Can you send the cdr file too?

Graynomad:
What do you mean by "cortex"?

the tiny connector, jtag, 2x5 pin, is an socalled Cortex debug port, atleast people have told me that.
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.faqs/attached/13634/cortex_debug_connectors.pdf
(maybe there is an better name out there)

CrossRoads:
Awesome work so far Rob.
What a confusing data sheet.
Looks like there are multiple sets of SPI controllers - I don't see how they make it to IO pins tho.
For example PA25-26-27-28 make up SPI 0 with 3 additional chip selects on PA29-30-31 - where are are PA30-31 on the Due schematic? PA25-26-27 only seem to be on a 2x3 header?
Similarly for PE28-29-30-31 for 2nd SPI - what pins do they get multiplexed onto? I can't tell from the data sheet, same for the additional chip selects on PF0,1,2.

Is it strange that I didn't get SPI to work ? :slight_smile:

pins 50-53 is supposed to be spi also?.

C:\arduino-1.5.1r2\hardware\arduino\sam\system\CMSIS\Device\ATMEL\sam3xa\include\instance
In that folder, it seems that there are two spi controllers yes, but the spi library seems to ignore that fact, and I couldnt find out which of them its using.

Graynomad:
After much discussion about pinout diagrams and Arduino documentaion I decided it's time to put my money time where my mouth is and make a start on a pinout diagram for the Due

If there's any interest I'll continue with it.

That adds a bunch more detail than the one I did (which was based on the one I did for the Mega2560, which in turn was based on Nick's original for the Uno R3). Overall I prefer it (though it is going to get crowded for the double row of headers at the back of the board.

How about you continue to work on it and then I add it to the (now stickied, I see) Due pinout thread?

@Crossroads
Yes these ARM chips are way more complicated, I usually have to do a spread sheet to keep track of the pin options used or it gets out of hand.
I'll be looking into the SPI stuff today probably.

I think I'll add another type of label, maybe "other useful functions" for things like external memory, the unsupported serial port, extra SPIs, SPIs on USARTs etc. I'll check out the pins you mentioned.

@Markus_L811
I'll add a link to the CDR file on the first post sometime today.

@neslekkim
Good a name as any I think. On the Due it appears to be the standard Cortex 2x5 pinout. I'll be checking that.

but the spi library seems to ignore that fact,

I think a lot of the hardware is not yet supported. Massimo said that they decided to get the hardware out even though they hadn't written every driver or library. I assume that they will come along before long or that others will step up and write some code.

@Nantonos

How about you continue to work on it and then I add it to the (now stickied, I see) Due pinout thread?

Happy to do so, I plan to pirate some of your pinout info :slight_smile:

@all
Note that the latest version of the drawing will now always be linked to from the first post on this thread.

Rob

I've been trying to get a clear version of the SPI pinouts while using a photo of the board however I just don't think it's possible without pulling the header images out from the board, something I don't want to do.

So I've done a version with a vector graphic in place of the photo, I will add some more details but I think it's clearer. The photo looks nice but at the end of the day it adds little to the object of the document.

Here's a sample with the new graphic, you'll notice that I am now able to place the SPI labels in an appropriate place. This should work OK for all of the internal headers although the Cortex debugging one might be a problem.

www.robgray.com/temp/Due-pinout-temp.jpg

Comments?

Rob

Yes, the vector represetation of the board reduces clutter, while still being clear enough with the board in your hand.

Incidentally PNG is a better raster format for sharp-edged artwork than JPEG, which is at its worst on this sort of image. SVG would also be a useful option.

Graynomad:
I've been trying to get a clear version of the SPI pinouts while using a photo of the board however I just don't think it's possible without pulling the header images out from the board, something I don't want to do.

So I've done a version with a vector graphic in place of the photo, I will add some more details but I think it's clearer. The photo looks nice but at the end of the day it adds little to the object of the document.

Here's a sample with the new graphic, you'll notice that I am now able to place the SPI labels in an appropriate place. This should work OK for all of the internal headers although the Cortex debugging one might be a problem.

Comments?

Rob

Think its easier to read. Btw. has the TWI on the top near the reset no pull-ups?

Graynomad:

That is awesomely a lot better!

(If you have to increase size etc, I would prefer that it would scale/fit on an A4/Letter papersize, I'm going to print it out fullsize for reference)

I guess you are going to mark the usb ports also? which is native, which is programming, strange that they are not labeled on the board..

Just noticed one thing, the headers, VIN, do that pin give the same level as the input?, so If I use an 12volt adapter, I will get 12volt there?
If so, that is really something to be aware of.. I newer knew that..

has the TWI on the top near the reset no pull-ups

No pullups on the main I2C.

I would prefer that it would scale/fit on an A4/Letter papersize

At present it needs an A1 sheet, how large is your printer :slight_smile: But it's all vector based so should scale to anything.

VIN, do that pin give the same level as the input?

VIN is the same everywhere, if you have 12v on the barrel jack you'll have 12v on the header pin. That said, if you're drawing a lot of current it would be better not to run it through the PCB.

Yeah, that was just a quicky at hi-compression to show the new design, and the PNG was too large.

Rob

Graynomad:

VIN is the same everywhere, if you have 12v on the barrel jack you'll have 12v on the header pin. That said, if you're drawing a lot of current it would be better not to run it through the PCB.

Wops, I haven't read it as VIN, I have read it as vcc :), thank god I have used only usb power, and breadboard psu so far :slight_smile: