Is arduino starter kit suitable to build robots?

Hi everybody! I tried to make a fast search, but I didn't find a good answer. I'm a complete newbie in arduino's world so I'm thinking about buying arduino starter kit, that seems a good starting point. However, my final goal is to build robots (I was thinking about something that moves through e.g. wheels and with a kind of camera onboard to explore the "world", maybe in a second moment some kind of actuators..). I was thinking about following the projects that come along with arduino starter kit, then using the materials I have to start building my robots. Is this process reasonable? I don't want to throw away money. I know that I will have to buy later some materials (e.g. the camera), but for example I would like to know if the arduino board that comes with the starter kit is suitable for my needs.
Thanks a lot!

I think that you should just buy a seperate arduino board and buy a motor driver and also you should buy a wireless module and also if you want a camera,a camera for a UAV with it's own receiver and transmitter will do the trick,also what you are trying to build is expensive

Eagle3ye:
I think that you should just buy a seperate arduino board and buy a motor driver and also you should buy a wireless module and also if you want a camera,a camera for a UAV with it's own receiver and transmitter will do the trick,also what you are trying to build is expensive

I know that with starter kit I will buy some extra stuff, but the SK seems a good starting point for a complete newbie. However, you would suggest to buy:
-some arduino board
-motor
-wireless module
-camera

right?

buying arduino starter kit

What starter kit are you talking about? You got a link? There may be several "starter kits" depending on who are putting them together.

zoomkat:
What starter kit are you talking about? You got a link? There may be several "starter kits" depending on who are putting them together.
arduino starter kit for sale | eBay

Sorry, I didn't think about it :stuck_out_tongue:
However, I'm referring to the official one:

Hi,
I have been talking to some people who are both teaching about Arduino and also have students who want to build a robot.

One conflict is that if you use a Starter Kit to learn some stuff and build a beginning robot, you hate to tear down the robot to go back and experiment and learn other stuff.

So at least one school will use BOTH a Starter Kit and a low-cost Robot kit for each student. The learning and experimentation with different sensors and actuators, LED, buzzers etc will continue after the Robot is basically running, and software sketches from the experimentation will get merged into the Robot.

DISCLAIMER: About to show stuff from my own shop, but this stuff is widely available on Ebay etc...

For a total of $80 plus shipping , you can get two Arduino-compatible Microcomputers, A Starter kit with many components, and a Robot kit with chassis, motors, motor driver, servo, ultrasonic sensor etc.

Starter Kit is HERE:
HOW-TO is HERE:

Robot Kit is HERE:
HOW-TO is HERE:

Feel free to ask me any questions...