IDE>tools>board question

Dear Forum,
I'm using a HP MINI, a tiny laptop, and Arduino 1.0.1 for the sketches. I can upload a sketch, but there is no "board" list in "tools". I looked at Arduino>drivers and opened UNO from the list and tried to replace
CDC_VISTA at the bottom with 6.1.7600, the Version of this MINI. Didn't work (of course). Question: is the UNO driver setup for VISTA the problem or something else?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Oldguy:
Dear Forum,
I'm using a HP MINI, a tiny laptop, and Arduino 1.0.1 for the sketches. I can upload a sketch, but there is no "board" list in "tools". I looked at Arduino>drivers and opened UNO from the list and tried to replace
CDC_VISTA at the bottom with 6.1.7600, the Version of this MINI. Didn't work (of course). Question: is the UNO driver setup for VISTA the problem or something else?

Having no board choices listed in the tools menu means that something went wrong with the installation of the arduino IDE software. That would be independent of what drivers you also tried to install. Suggest you try and reinstall the IDE from scratch and try again.

Lefty

The IDE up thru 1.0.2 runs fine on Vista, that's what I have.

Oldguy:
Dear Forum,

If you want to try something automated: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html works on vista and auto-installs all the drivers.