Go Down

Topic: Core 2.0.2 released! (Read 9282 times) previous topic - next topic

TrucPham123

Thanks so much for the work on the new version - working pretty good thus far in my testing.

andy_g

Hi all,

I tried to install Core 2.0.2 via board manager of arduino IDE 1.8.5., but it always fails, saying "CRC doesn't match, file is corrupted". The error occurs on two different computers, various versions of arduino IDE and Curie core.

Is there a way to get it outside the arduino IDE?

Any help is highly appreciated
Genki

ballscrewbob

Dec 02, 2017, 01:36 pm Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017, 01:40 pm by ballscrewbob
@andy_g
What OS ?

Not seen that msg myself for any of the cores for board manager but have seen it under windows in other circumstances...Compromised systems and systems with over zealous security.

In the former case the system needs to be clean and in the latter temporarily turning off the security would fix the message and then adding the file location to the white list / exclusions.

If it is the former I have a step through for obtaining a clean system again, just ask and I will post it.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

andy_g

Thanks ballscrewbob!

OSs are Windows 10 Version 1703 and 1607. I can install other boards via board manager -no hassle. So i ruled out compromised OSs or security software.
However, i had success using the JSON "description" for 2.0.2 version from "https://github.com/arduino/ArduinoCore-arc32/releases". I have no idea of any differences between this version and the arduino IDE "built-in".
Fun thing: Again the CRC error occurs when using the JSON for 2.2.0 version from the same site.

For now it seems to work somehow, but i have to check this with the board now.

Genki

ballscrewbob

Never rule out security...It is one of the more common issues with Arduino things not working under windows.

Norton and a few others have been shown to cause problems on occasion.

Win 8 through 10 also pose thier own issues too but that's usually in the driver department but you seem to be OK on that aspect.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up