LCD 16x2 Problem! Need help

... it may be redundant for me to post a similar post, but please bare w/ me

Just recently bought a SC162A3 rev2.1 LCD 16x2 and an Arduino Uno for my design.

I've been searching for a solution to my problem but failed so i decided to post this.

An attachment here shows the Datasheet of the LCD,

I've been trying to display a simple "hello world" on the lcd using arduino uno but failed numerous attempts to do so.
a tutorial on lcd and arduino uno shows this pin connections:

lcd:
(4)RS-pin2
(5)EN-pin3
(11)D4-pin4
(12)D5-pin5
(13)D6-pin6
(14)D7-pin7

and 1,3,5,16, of the lcd to ground, and 2,15 to +5v on the arduino uno
i don't have a potentionmeter so hence the connection to ground.

this is the code of the program:

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd(2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7);

void setup()
{

lcd.begin(16, 2);
lcd.print("hello world");
}

void loop()
{
delay(2000);
lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
lcd.print(millis()/1000);
}

-- There is no problem with the software interfacing with the Arduino Board. When i first tried to display a phrase on the lcd, nothing displayed on the lcd. i tried to test the LCD by removing all connection pins to the arduino and only leaving 1,3,and 16 to Ground and 2,15 to +5v. It displayed a LINE OF BLOCKS so it seemed to me that the LCD WAS working. Tried again and connected it to the Arduino but it now displayed 2 LINES OF BLOCKS and not "hello world". I left it for a time and just recently tried again, but this time with the same settings of connections from the LCD to the Arduino, the LCD doesn't display anything anymore. Tried to check the LCD w/ connections 1,3,and 16 to Ground and 2,15 to +5v and thought a LINE OF BLOCKS would appear, but sad to say that the LCD displayed NOTHING --

-- Please Help! --

SC162A3 LCD 16X2.pdf (194 KB)

oops EN is 6 on the LCD,

Since you are apparently not using a current limiting resistor with your backlight there is a possibility that your power supply is shutting down due to excessive current draw. You should check into this possibility first.

Don