Free (almost) Solder Suckers

Docedison:
The Don Quixote of solder...

Well as far as I'm concerned, there are worse people to be compared to. :wink:

In any event, I'm not trying to imply that someone is a bad person or attempting to make anyone feel guilty if they don't switch to lead free solder. If I in any way seemed to be doing that earlier in the thread I'm sincerely sorry!

You are quite right that any individual's usage of lead solder is miniscule relative to commercial and industrial scale. However, if I want my contribution to this particular type of waste to be as small as possible, and I find the alternatives workable; why is this a problem for you? I never advocated any bans on lead solder use or do more than bring up the fact that there are lead free solders and that I find them a realistic alternative. Again, if something I intended as a mere suggestion seemed like something more I apologize for not communicating my intentions correctly in my original reply. Yet if that isn't the case, I don't understand how my personal choice to use lead free solder should agitate you in any significant way.

Just for the record, this isn't the only such choice I made. For example, when I started my current job I found a place to live where I could walk regularly to work and other common destinations like the local grocery store. Oh I know that everything I do still doesn't add up to the rest of the world, and it doesn't make me some sort of martyr either! I just want to have a decent life while being as responsible as I realistically can, and if I'm not trying to control anyone else's life what's wrong with that?