LCD setCursor (COL,ROW); skips every second character

I'm programming a 64x128 LCD, chipset ST7290,
A duinotech LCD from Jaycar (Aus)

When I use set cursor it treats two character spaces as one column,

For example when lcd.setCursor (1,0)
It places the cursor in the 3rd character space of the top line rather than the second,
E.g. --#------- (where # is the cursor)
same as lcd.setCursor (2,0), the cursor is in the 5th character entry on the top line,
E.g. ----#---- (where # is the cursor)

Any ideas on why this occurs and/or how to fix/get around this?
I need to be able to set the cursor to the even entry points

2,0 should be the third character. It counts from 0. The second case I don't get. But the first case is right.

Delta_G:
2,0 should be the third character. It counts from 0. The second case I don't get. But the first case is right.

I changed it to be correct, I didn't have the code in front of me when I made the post,

I figured it out though, the LCD is a dot matrix, and the cursor is 16x16 pixels, so really the screen is a 8x4 however the screen can print 16 characters per line, so I can only set the cursor to every second space, which is still a problem I can't seem to work around. So in this case the cursor is two character wide,

You can use a ST7920 in character mode if you really want. A 128x64 pixel screen will display 8x4 international characters made from a 16x16 font. Or 16x4 half-width characters (from a 16x8 font).

This must be brilliant for the Chinese language. Viewing Roman characters looks really horrible. The Roman font just look wrong. You would think that letters made from 16x8 dots would be better than the lower resolution HD44780 Displays.

Quite honestly, you will be better off with a ST7920 library that does everything in graphics mode. You will have more attractive Western fonts. And you get 21 characters to a row using a 7x5 font.

Yes, you can kludge a character display. I have done this in the past. The cursor commands work in full-width characters. If you are using half-width characters, you calculate accordingly and account for any half-width. Do you really want this?

David.