Go Down

Topic: Looking to hire someone to build a sub 4" LCD display with remote wired camera (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jmunjr

Hi, I have a helmet in a Halloween costume that has low visibility. I was thinking about mounting a small camera on the helmet and transmitting its input to a display mounted inside the helmet, preferably via wire/ribbon. The camera would need to be very low Lux. I don't care about color, just ok enough visibility to walk straight ahead in low light(like a club).

This is partially close to what I want:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=24503.0

There isn't a lot of space in the helmet so the display can't be larger than 4", probably less, and not thick, less than 3/4". The whole system would need to be battery powered. I prefer the system+battery to be mounted in the helmet. There's a little room to possibly work and I will supply those specs later.

I am just posting this to see if there is any interest from anyone to build this. I'd be willing to pay to have it built. I am not sure what the cost would be but would love to discuss it.

FYI, the helmet is a Thomas Bangalter Daft Punk helmet with all the LEDs and such. I had it made. I could probably figure a lot of this stuff out but don't have the time sadly. Would rather have an enthusiast work on it.

Please reply here first via message. I hope I can find someone who wants to try to make this happen.

Thanks a bunch.

Kurt1

You could use products intended for the drone FPV (first person view) world.
A 4" monitor on eBay would be $50-$80 and a low lux night view board camera is $30-60 from runcam or securitycam2000. Just hook up the video out from the camera to the video in on the monitor. Both parts are 12v ready so just get a 3 cell lipo battery around 800-1200mAh ($15-40) from hobbyking and you would have a nice little system for cheap.

jmunjr

You could use products intended for the drone FPV (first person view) world.
A 4" monitor on eBay would be $50-$80 and a low lux night view board camera is $30-60 from runcam or securitycam2000. Just hook up the video out from the camera to the video in on the monitor. Both parts are 12v ready so just get a 3 cell lipo battery around 800-1200mAh ($15-40) from hobbyking and you would have a nice little system for cheap.
Thanks for the info. I thought I was set up to receive email on this thread but didn't get a notification and finally seeing this. I will look for what you suggest. If you have any specifics of hardware I would love to know what you know. I'm going to try to get more info in the meantime. Thank you!

Edit: ok I found some cameras but not sure about screens. Anything youc an do to help is appreciated. I need something pretty small and being thin is important. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Go Up