vinciDuino RevC up and running - Leonardo clone

Just wanted to share with you, that the vinciDuino Rev C (a Leonardo clone with the same form factor as and Arduino Pro) has been released. It is tested and everything is behaving as expected. You can now use the Arduino IDE 1.0 in its Leonardo flavor without any changes. Also there are some very interesting features about the board. You can read all about them:

https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/vinciduino/wiki/Home

Here is an image of the board.

looking good fm!

I note that on your wiki page
the info about SPI refers to a dedicated ISP conector
think the letters need a small shuffle!

very sexy in black, too (did I just say that out loud?)

will you be selling the black variant bare board?

Unfortunately I will not be selling any black variants. The problem I had with this version is that I got hit hard with import taxes. So ... I may venture to have a few from time to time but not now.

The board looks very, very good though.

You can now use the Arduino IDE 1.0 in its Leonardo flavor without any changes.

I just installed 1.0 and can't see a Leonardo board option.

Rob

You will have to edit the boards.txt file of the IDE. In the file un comment the Leonardo board parameters. That should do fine.

That did the trick, thanks.

Rob

Cheers Rob.

Just in case you want the vinciDuino to come up in the IDE too, here is the boards.txt file with the good old vinciDuino in it.

I have also created a variant of the core, which makes the board show up as a vinciDuino. If you folks are interested...

boards.txt (13.6 KB)

The Leonardo clone has a clone!
As it says, the Leonardo clone has been cloned even before Leonardo has made its first appearance in society. Yep, we have found a very nice link in eBay, a seller from China of course thst has clone the good old reliable vinciDuino:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/ATmega32U4-Board-For-ARDUINO-1-0-IDE-and-Leonardo-Bootloader-Free-Mini-USB-Cable-/360445807198?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item53ec3e8a5e#ht_986wt_922

Even if the vinciDuino is not a real clone of Leonardo (mainly because it is not out there yet) this one seams to be fairly close (well almost identical to the vinciDuino)!

The only ugly thing is that they have removed the logos, the open hardware logo and the CC BY-SA license and give no credit to the source at all, but...

Any way it is cool to design a board worth cloning!

@mmcp42 - I have a few black boards in stock too.

The only ugly thing is that they have removed the logos, the open hardware logo and the CC BY-SA license and give no credit to the source at all

Not very nice, and they even offered it in Spain - your "home market" - think you can't do much against it :frowning:

Any way it is cool to design a board worth cloning!

:slight_smile:

I am not concerned about them selling the board at all. As a matter of fact how we developed it was a fully featured open hardware design for the community to use, sell, what ever: gerber designs, shopping cart, BOM, detail assembly instructions, CAD files, ... available for any one who wants to make them. At least they can say it is open hardware and were they got the design to make the variant (or clone) that's all.