how to send a reset signal to arduino board using vb6 ?

hi all ,

I'd like to send a reset signal to the (arduino uno Rev 2) board, using vb6 code , to reset the board , but I dont know how ?!!
can anyone help me please.

I'd like to send a reset signal to the (arduino uno Rev 2) board, using vb6 code , to reset the board , but I dont know how ?

If you are going to talk to the Arduino, you have to open the serial port. That resets the Arduino. So does closing the serial port. So, it isn't necessary to send the Arduino anything. Just close the serial port.

thank you for your care , but the port is already closed , it is not opened yet and what I need to do ,is when i start my application on vb6 the arduino resets and starts its code from the begining because it is a loop of reading temperature sensors and i need the vb application to read the the correct data for each sensor

I forgot to tell you that I'm using wireless Xbee series 1 modules , so the connection is not direct between the host computer and the arduino board it is between 2 xbee modules , one of them is connected to the arduino uno rev2 board and the other is connected to the computer.

could you help me in that ?

Then you don't need it to reset, you just need it to know when to read the sensor data.

yes , i used timers on the forms of the vb application , and as you said , I need to make a syncronization between sending data from the arduino and the momnet of start of the vb application ??

In other words , i need the arduino to start the loop from the begining once the vb application starts

The loop() function continually restarts from the beginning. You need to tell it to re-initialise any necessary variables when you want a reading, so the first thing your VB app needs to do in your timer() event is to send a 'New Reading Required' message to the Arduino, which then goes through it's process to get the new reading, and sends it back to the PC.

ok , how can i do that , could you give me an example for sending from vb6 to the arduino ??

Personally, no. I don't use VB, so I don't know how to access serial ports with it. There are others here that do though. Yo may have better luck in the 'Interfacing w/ Software on the Computer' forum.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,12.0.html

eaglesameh:
ok , how can i do that , could you give me an example for sending from vb6 to the arduino ??

How far have you got with the serial comms - I assume from this question that you're not reading anything from the serial port yet. If you are though, why bother trying to restart the arduino? Just send some identifying information with the sensor readings to tell you which sensor they came from.