Arduino as a Pic Programmer!

@ Soranne, Hi thanks for prompt update, I'm eagerly waiting for the latest .exe file and code, please prompt ASAP.

Working on LVP (Low Volatage Mode = no need for 12V) and release the code in less than one hour!

PS : just received my 16F876A, so I'm gonna try! :wink:

EDIT : ARRRRRHHHHH having problemes with LVP :s Doesn't work, actually 16F876 don't work like 16F628, that's a bit more complicated than ithought. Anybody who want to help is welcome!

1 Like

I think Sorrance giving external 12v to programme should not be that much of a headache for us Arduino Dude's :smiley: for us the fact that arduino is being able to route the binary into the chip is enough and also these Stubborn PIC's would not that easily let one access them in low voltage mode ,However some would but not all.

Yeah that was just a test, too much trouble yet, I'll try it later.
I just posted the software and new Arduino code up there :slight_smile:

I just downloaded the latest code from the second post and want to know that whether you want to give me some instructions on using it.

Just follow what the program says and put your hex file in C:/mem.hex
And before starting the prog reset the Arduino, it should work :wink:

and.... if i want to extract out the program from PIC then i will find the HEX in C:\

??

No not implemented yet :s

But don't worry I'm working on that :wink:

By the way, I'm working on the GUI, so that everything gets simpler, here is how it should look :

That is further very nice, but how long will it take?

I may finish it in less than one hour if everything goes well.

As I'm a student, and that the holidays fiinishe today I will only be able to post updates on week-end from now on.

That is fine Sorrane, i look forward to the finalization.

Here is the reading part working :

Uploaded the prog to second post, but it's still buggy, and doesn't support config word yet

Really good work Soranne,I'm very intrested in this too,Will give it a try on later on the pic's i have and report back,Great Work Thanks XD

Thanks a lot sorrane for the finalization of that software, also which all pic's can we read? and do we have to select the respective PIC from the dropdown then in that case which one PIC you have covered?

also, Does the Arduino programme remains the same?

Also, Do we get the HEX file read from the PIC under C:/ drive?

WAS TRYING OUT WITH 2 12F683'S
I got the following (see attachement) prompt from it and while it shows all zeros in bits everywhere, so where im wrong.

The way i made connections to the 12F683 are in the attachment named conn..

EDIT:
the app is hanging when i click on read

1 Like

The program doen't work with 12F683 yet, I have to add support :s

But reading should work normally, if the program freezes that may be because you didn't reset the Arduino before starting the prog...
Tell me if it still doesn't work.
But remeber this is a beta version, so still a bit buggy... :s

For the read function : it only reads the 50 first words. And your connection with pic seems to be fine.

Its fine if it doesnt work with 12F683 but i really appreciate your efforts --> :slight_smile:

Ya it still doesn't work , i'm utilizing the program as follows

1. Reset the arduino (offcourse after the sketch is loaded on arduino)
  2. Then start the Windows programme that you made.
  3. change the Port to the one which im connecting the arduino with.
  4. Then i change the name of the PIC to 12F683

then click on read, but nothing works the windows opens at some try's but it all shows 0000000000 , first i thought it may be happening bcz the PIC may be locked on its bits to protect the software , then i used another 12F683 that i bought afresh and after writing to it many times, whenver i read and if it worked sometimes then it shows all 000000000 in bits

That is weird, maybe the 12F683 has a really different protocol I need to checkout the datasheet.

Any Update?