Arduino + iPad (web app)

Hi,

I'm almost new with Arduino and i'ld like to do an interactive project with a web app on iPad, and the Arduino, without the computer interaction.
There is not to much on the web about this, and different ideas: by web server, by cable or by bluetooth.

What should be better do connect?
What may I use to develop this, now a part is on Processing, put into the html code, should it work?

Thanks,

Ilaria

It all depends on what you specifically want to do. Please tell me what you have in mind exactly so that I can help you.

I want to do 3 simple interactive exercise between Arduino and iPad, they are into an educational project on the iPad.

1. The first exercise may use 3 buttons, referred on Red, Green, Blue and when you touch one of this on the iPad it would appear a ball of the right color and make a sound (like 1 note).

2. With the second you will activate a motor on Arduino using a button on the iPad. Then it appear a white page where you can draw (I've already done this second part with Processing).

3. Reading different resistance value on the Arduino it will appear different images on the iPad.

So 1 & 3 are closed together, because the input is from Arduino to iPad.
The 2 is the opposite, the iPad must activate the Arduino.

Is possible to realize this?

Thanks,
Ilaria

Bluetooth would probably be the most practical unless you want to communicate with the Arduino at a long range. If this is the case you can use internet (Ethernet or WiFi).

It should be 3-4 meters, so the bluetooth must be good.
And what do you think about realizing this exercise that change from Arduino to iPad?