Default analog reference for DUE

Hey there.

I'm assembling a circuit here and I wondered "what is the default analog reference for DUE?" I looked it up but I couldn't find it. Since due runs at 3.3V I assume its default reference is 3.3V. But it may be 5V as well and I don't want to mess up...

Thank you in advance.

goncalor:
Hey there.

I'm assembling a circuit here and I wondered "what is the default analog reference for DUE?" I looked it up but I couldn't find it. Since due runs at 3.3V I assume its default reference is 3.3V. But it may be 5V as well and I don't want to mess up...

Thank you in advance.

It's 3,3v. But it can only read in a range from 1/6 to 5/6 of the reference voltage.

Ok, thanks. About that "1/6 to 5/6 range" of the reference voltage: any reason why it only reads in that range?

But it can only read in a range from 1/6 to 5/6 of the reference voltage.

Do you have a reference for that Gericom, crippling an ADC like that would be quite extraordinary and the data sheet states

The conversions extend from 0V to ADVREF

Rob

crippling an ADC like that would be quite extraordinary

I, too, think that. It would be weird. Reading only from 1/6 to 5/6 would mean putting 1/3 of the values in the trash can...

Graynomad:

But it can only read in a range from 1/6 to 5/6 of the reference voltage.

Do you have a reference for that Gericom, crippling an ADC like that would be quite extraordinary and the data sheet states

The conversions extend from 0V to ADVREF

Rob

Oh, sorry. I remember. It was for the dac output. Then I think it can read fron 0-3.3v indeed.

Oh, sorry. I remember. It was for the dac output. Then I think it can read fron 0-3.3v indeed.

Ah, better now haha. Thanks Gericom.