Go Down

Topic: Arduino WiFi Shield and FLIP software (Read 72 times) previous topic - next topic

IbRas

I have acquired an Arduino Uno and an Arduino WiFi Shield. It tells me that I have to upgrade the firmware on the shield, so I have tried to follow the tutorial WiFiShieldFirmwareUpgrading.

It tells me to do download Atmel's FLIP software, and provides a link to Atmel's website. Apparently that site doesn't exist anymore, because I get redirected to an unknown page at Microchip's site. I have searched the site for the software, but can only find the old version 2.4.6, not the recommended version 3.4.5.

I have managed to find sites on the Net that offers downloads of FLIP 3.4.5 or 3.4.7, but I am vary of downloading software from sites I don't know.

Can anybody recommend a reliable site, where I can get the latest version of Atmel FLIP?

/Ib

IbRas

http://www.microchip.com/developmenttools/productdetails.aspx?partno=flip
Yes, that is where I found the old version, but there is only release notes for version 3.4.5, not the software.

ieee488

Jan 11, 2018, 11:57 pm Last Edit: Jan 11, 2018, 11:57 pm by ieee488
Yes, that is where I found the old version, but there is only release notes for version 3.4.5, not the software.

Given that the company is still around, why wouldn't you contact them and ask if them if there is a mistake with their website not offering 3.4.5 download ? ? ?

Go Up