Go Down

Topic: 4WD Omni wheel based autonomous robot (Read 880 times) previous topic - next topic

demigod007

Hi, I am going to make a 4 omni wheel arduino compatible autonomous robot. It is capable of moving in an arbitrary direction continuously without changing the direction of the wheels. It includes Arduino micro controller,ultrasonic sensors and DC motor with encoders, GPS module and can be programmable with the open source Arduino Language.I'm new to arduino, need help for programming.

saiprasadb

Hello @demigod007. Welcome to the Arduino Community!

The 4 Omni Wheel Holonomic Drive is capable of running in an arbitrary direction continuously without changing the direction of the wheels. Have you looked at the calculations required to run the Omni wheel in a particular direction?

I would suggest you check out this link - http://makezine.com/projects/make-40/kiwi/

This link has the calculation of vectors for a 3 Wheel Drive. If you understand it well then you can make one for 4 Wheel too. I suggest you not refer a 4WD code directly and try to do it via the link above.

Reply me here if you have any issues or doubts.

Ciao,

Saiprasad Balasubramanian

Go Up